Beaumaris Beach Guest House on the magnificent east coast of Tasmania provides the ideal base for exploring the beauty of nature while indulging in fresh seafood and a range of exceptional quality regional foods with tastes to delight many a foodie. A short walk beside Reedy Creek brings you to the pristine white sands and clear waters of Beaumaris surf beach. Easy drives north or south will give access to a range of beaches and inland waterfalls, world class mountain bike trails, fishing spots, golf courses, and wildlife reserves.
Original art works decorate the walls of the Guest House, including pieces offered for sale. A complementary cheese plate is provided with each booking, and the Guest House is able to provide evening meals for guests who wish to relax in its spacious and comfortable rooms. Internet access, board games, and books are available, with the opportunity to reflect in front of a wood fire at the end of the day. Enjoy a breakfast featuring local produce in the shared dining room before exploring the solitude of the Bay of Fires, untouched Freycinet, or the historical Trail of the Tin Dragon. The nearby villages of St Helens, Scamander and St Marys provide the opportunity to engage with locals and visitors from across the world while enjoying a variety of events during the year.
Talk to us about group bookings to share with your family, friends or work colleagues; or about catered workshops for your interest group.
- The guest carpark is surfaced with crushed granite. This can be soft after heavy rain but is hard when dry. The pathways around the outside of the guest house and from the guest house to the street boundaries are surfaced with compacted gravel. There is a concrete pathway from the guest carpark to the door of Reception. There are no steps between the guest carpark and the door to Reception.
- There is a double doorway from the carpark into Reception. The secured section of this doorway can be opened if needed. The width of each single doorway is 780mm. The threshhold of this doorway is 30mm above ground level.
- There are no forms or other documents to be filled in on arrival.
Shared guest areas
- The ground floor contains the Reception area, a corridor to three guest rooms, the shared dining and lounge area, and stairs to the first floor guest rooms. The minimum width of the internal doors in these areas is 770mm.
- Doors from the ground floor open onto the shared verandah, with a 75mm step down onto the timber verandah deck. Moveable 50mm x 600mm "Ready Ramps" are available to assist with this step. The minimum width of these doors to the shared verandah is 750mm.
- The floors in Reception and the shared dining and lounge area are polished timber.
- The 890mm square tables in the dining room have a leg in each corner. The internal space between these legs is 760mm. The rail under the tabletop is 735mm from the floor, and the tabletop is 800mm from the floor. These tables can be placed next to each other for group or family bookings.
- The floors in the guest rooms and the corridor are covered with continuous broadloom carpet with no pile. The floors in the separate ensuite in each guest room are tiled. Floor rugs in the guest rooms are removable.
Ground floor guest rooms
- The three guest rooms on the ground floor are each slightly different in their dimensions. On our booking page these rooms are the two rooms called "Twin long singles or one king bed, with ensuite" (which are referred to as Room 1 and Room 3 in the following information); and "Queen ensuite, ground floor" (which is referred to as Room 2 in the following information). Images of these rooms are available on our Rooms page and on the booking page. A travelling cot can be set up in each of these rooms.
- Each of the separate ensuites in Rooms 1, 2 and 3 contain a shower in a cubicle accessed from an angled doorway, a toilet, and a single basin set into a cabinet. The door to each ensuite opens into the ensuite space.
- The floor area of the main part of Room 1 is 3.5m x 4m. This room can be set with either one king bed (accessible from three side) or two single beds (one of which is accessible from three side, and the other is accessible from two sides). The kitchenette benchtop is 890mm above the floor. The space beside the mini-fridge under this benchtop is 950mm wide and 620mm deep. The minimum distance between the ensuite door and the shower cubicle is 1170mm in the ensuite for this room.
- The floor area of the main part of Room 2 is 3.6m x 4m. This room is set with a queen bed which is accessible from two sides. The kitchenette benchtop is 890mm above the floor. The space beside the mini-fridge under this benchtop is 410mm wide and 615mm deep. The minimum distance between the ensuite door and the shower cubicle is 815mm in the ensuite for this room.
- The floor area of the main part of Room 3 is 3.85m x 4m. This room can be set with either one king bed (accessible from three side) or two single beds (one of which is accessible from three side, and the other from two sides). The kitchenette benchtop is 890mm above the floor. The space beside the mini-fridge under this benchtop is 485mm wide and 615mm deep. The minimum distance between the ensuite door and the shower cubicle is 820mm in the ensuite for this room.
First floor guest rooms
- The two guest rooms on the first floor are described as "Four-poster queen ensuite, first floor" (Room 4) and "Queen ensuite with spa, first floor" (Room 5) on our booking page. These rooms are both accessed from a shared carpeted stairway. Both rooms have continuous broadloom carpet with no pile. The floors in the separate ensuite in each guest room are tiled. Floor rugs in the guest rooms are removable. Images of these rooms are available on our Rooms page and on the booking page.
- The floor area of the main part of Room 4 is 4.25m x 5.9m. This room contains one four-poster queen bed (accessible from three sides) and one day (single) bed (accessible from one side). Up to two additional fold-away single beds or a travelling baby cot can be added to this room if arranged at the time of booking. The separate ensuites contains a shower in a cubicle accessed from an angled doorway, a toilet, and a single basin set into a cabinet. The door to the ensuite opens into the ensuite space.
- The floor area of the main part of Room 5 is 3.4m x 7m. This room contains one queen bed (accessible from two sides) and one day (single) bed (accessible from one side). Up to one additional fold-away single bed and a travelling baby cot can be added to this room if arranged at the time of booking. The separate ensuites contains a shower in a cubicle accessed from an angled doorway, a spa bath, a toilet, and a double basin set into a cabinet. The door to the ensuite opens into the ensuite space.
If you have any questions on access please feel free to contact us at email@example.com or through this website.
Our guests have said:
"The property is homely and welcoming. We felt at home and relaxed right away! The rooms are neat, clean and tastefully put together. We love the little elements of local art. The stay was more than what we expected. We truly appreciate the team's attention to detail and generosity! From gargling cups to make-up removers and tea, we really felt loved!" - Vivian, Joyce and Heidi, January 2024
"An amazing, lovely, and warm home." - Kat, January 2024
"We felt welcomed, and the place was introduced to us by our affable host. The place felt very welcoming. Attention to detail excellent." - Ben, January 2024
"This has been among the best hotel and guesthouse experience we have ever had." - [Name withheld], January 2024
"We liked the relaxed check-in. The paintings add a lovely feel to the place. The outdoor areas added a layer of relaxation. The cheese and wine were a lovely surprise!" - Martin and Jo, January 2024
"Beautiful property, lovely hosts. Exceeded our expectations! Everything was amazing, and we had the best last-minute-Christmas-Day time!" - Maria and Juan, December 2023
"Absolutely lovely stay. Beautiful accommodation. You could not have been more welcoming or helpful. The food was a huge treat - thank you so much." - Rebecca, December 2023
"Everything was perfect." - Lyn, December 2023
"You guys are the best :)" - Luke and Mel, December 2023
"Spectacular! All outstanding!" - Alma, October 2023
"We felt at home right from when we pulled up in the drive, through to our departure. This property is 5 star! We loved the thought given to the smaller things, such as the night light in the bathroom and the quality full-sized toiletries. Thank you, Stuart and Judy, for your hospitality. We truly enjoyed your company and your home." - Loris and Leigh, September 2023
"It was like being in a five-star hotel, and very welcoming." - Patrick, April 2023
"The property is fantastic. It met all our expectations, and more. The attention to detail, the bed is comfortable, and the hosts are very accommodating and friendly." - Hayden and Ana, April 2023
"It was relaxed and friendly." - Keith and Abel, April 2023
"Everything thoughtfully placed. A lovely place to stay!!!" - Varvan, April 2023
"It was one of the best, if not the best, place we've been in all our many trips around the world. Just keep doing great, as you are already. Everything was perfect!" - Enrico and Elena, April 2023
"It's just wonderful and you are amazing hosts." - Nicky, March 2023
"So wonderfully appointed! Enormously surprised on the upside!" - Mavis and Neil, March 2023
"You have all the fine touches of homemade goods and welcome. We loved our stay and you are wonderful hosts! Thank you!" - Deb, March 2023
"The property is lovely, well prepared and appointed and very comfortable. Stuart and Judy are very welcoming, very good hosts, and informative." - Gary and Jan, March 2023
"The property presents beautifully. The little touches like the night light in the bathroom and the home-made biscuits made the stay very enjoyable. The service and friendly attitude of you both was a pleasure to be around. Judy's cooking is very warming and inviting - we thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a nice way to finish our trip!!" - Cheryl, March 2023
"We thought how well-appointed Beaumaris Beach Guest House is. The art on the walls was a real feature. Thank you, Stuart and Judy, for your hospitality." - Catherine and David, March 2023
"So gorgeous - the plants, the paintings, the attention to detail. Thank you both so much for your kind hospitality. The food and the company - we thoroughly recommend it all!" - Anne and Rob, March 2023
"Your property exceeded our expectations. Your food exceeded our expectations. Your friendliness exceeded our expectations. A lovely stay. Thank you." - Bruce and Julie, March 2023
"We found the property easily, thanks to the directions provided. We were pleasantly surprised by Stuart's personal and friendly welcome and the attention to detail. Congratulations to both of you - this is a relaxing and welcoming experience. We can't fault it!" - Cliff and Robyn, March 2023
"Fantastic! Everything is excellent!! Thank you for the wonderful hospitality, delicious food, and lovely atmosphere." - Jeanette and Chris, March 2023
"Felt very comfortable the minute we walked in the door, and the comfort, meals, and ambience exceeded our expectations. Your hospitality and attention to detail was much appreciated." - Peter and Mary, March 2023
Half-price Winter Workshops
We are offering a range of small-group one-day Winter Workshops on various dates in May, June, July and August 2024.
- Cooking - learn to make a fruit paste and gourmet crackers; or to make savory vegetarian sausage rolls, a fruit chutney, and a rhubarb cake.
- Printmaking - learn how to make and frame either a monoprint or a relief print.
- Painting - produce an image of moonlight on waves; or create a self-portrait in a naive style.
- Handcrafts - create and decorate a tea cosy; or recycle a knitted jumper to create a hat!
The participation fee of $150 per person for each Workshop includes instruction, materials, morning tea and a light lunch. All will be offered subject to availability and demand. Guests who stay with us for three consecutive nights and book through our website qualify to attend a Winter Workshop at half-price.
Contact us now through this website for further information and to book your place!